Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Having troubles with AMAZONAS Magazine? Our most commonly-encountered questions often have simple, easy answers. If you get stuck or don’t find your problem addressed here, please don’t hesitate to contact our Email HOTLINE: email@example.com, or CALL Toll-Free: 800-217-3523, 9 AM – 5 PM Central Time, Monday-Friday.
INVISIBLE ITEM - display:none on main element CSS to have all other accordion items closed.
If I subscribe today, which issue will I start with?
In summary, to start a subscription with:
- issue #1 (Jan/Feb) order by the end of October
- issue #2 (Mar/Apr) order by the end of December
- issue #3 (May/Jun) order by the end of February
- issue #4 (Jul/Aug) order by the end of April
- issue #5 (Sep/Oct) order by the end of June
- issue #6 (Nov/Dec) order by the end of August
AMAZONAS is published bi-monthly in November, January, March, May, July, and September. The first issue of a volume (e.g January/February 2020) is published and mails in November (of 2019) and arrives at most subscribers throughout the month of December (again, December 2019 for the Jan/Feb 2020 issue). US-based subscriptions arrive sooner than Canadian and International subscriptions.
The exact dates we generate each issues’ mailing lists change from year to year, so to be on the safe side, our dates here may allow for a week or two of leeway. So, for example, to start with the first issue of a year, you should subscribe or renew by the end of October (although the actual cutoff date may be at a later date in early November). If you are ever unsure, please contact customer service to learn which issue new subscriptions are currently starting with.
A new subscription or lapsed-subscription renewal which misses the particular cutoff date will start with the next issue in line; unfortunately we are unable to start a subscription with an issue that you may have missed. You can purchase missed issues through the AMAZONAS Magazine Back Issue Shop.
All subscriptions include access to the AMAZONAS Digital Edition (log in required). New digital issues are activated roughly 2-3 weeks prior to the cover date (so, the January/February issue goes live in mid-December).
I just subscribed to AMAZONAS, when will I receive my first issue?
Thank you for subscribing! AMAZONAS is published bi-monthly in January, March, May, July, September, and November. Please allow up to 10 weeks for your first print issue to arrive (possibly longer for international shipping). You may begin accessing the digital edition immediately with this link, simply use your email address and password created during checkout.
How do I know how many issues I have remaining on my subscription?
You may manage your account and see remaining issues by logging in at this link. If you have the packaging from a recent mailing, your remaining issues will also show on the mailing label along with your renewal code.
I recently moved, how do I update my address?
I’m trying to place an order, but I don’t have a PayPal account. How can I process my payment with a credit card?
Thank you for your order! PayPal is our credit card processor, and no account is needed to process your payment. Simply proceed to the payment page for your order, and you will be able to enter credit card information instead.
Please note that your subscription order may show as a PayPal charge from Aquatic Media Press LLC on your bank statement.
We do apologize that unfortunately PayPal does not process credit card payments for select countries at this time, such as Turkey and Bangladesh.
I just received the digital edition email, but haven’t received my print copy yet.
The print copies for this issue are in the mail via USPS, please allow 1-2 weeks for your print copy to arrive (3-4 weeks for international shipping). If you experience any further delay receiving your print copy, please contact us so we may look into your account.
FAQ: Digital Edition
INVISIBLE ITEM - NO DELETE - display:none; on main CSS element makes it hidden, but it's also the open default 1st item...nice hack.
HELP! I can't access the digital edition! (Troubleshooting)
From time to time we receive customer service inquiries from people who are having trouble accessing their digital subscription (all AMAZONAS subscribers have access to the digital edition and archives). We know that these issues can be incredibly frustrating, particularly since fixing these problems often requires you to be actively involved in the process, your own at-home tech support!
That said, every access issue we’ve encountered has been a problem specific to the subscriber, which means that ultimately while we can help, you will have to do some work on your end to get your digital access restored.
Here are the troubleshooting steps you can take prior to contacting us!
1. Verify that your subscription is active. Only active subscriptions can access the digital edition. Visit https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/amazonasmagazine.com/login.php
2. Reset your password if you believe you have a password-related issue or you are unable to log in at the above subscriber-management page. To get started, visit https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/amazonasmagazine.com/forgot.php
3. Some people report problems with resetting their passwords. If you are convinced this is a password-related issue, be sure you’re resetting your subscriber password. AMAZONAS has two separate access systems; one for subscription management, and one for back issue shopping on www.AMAZONASmagazine.com. For the digital subscription, you should be resetting your password here –> https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/amazonasmagazine.com/forgot.php. Also be sure that you are getting the emails for the password reset process and be sure you are completing the steps; check your junkmail and/or clutter folders in case they’re showing up there. Auto-generated passwords can be difficult to type; we suggest trying copy & pasting them (make sure you don’t copy and “space” characters). Once you have restored access, you can change your password to something you’re able to remember & manually type. A full, detailed step-by-step password-reset tutorial can be found at https://www.amazonasmagazine.com/creating-or-resetting-your-amazonas-subscriber-password/
4. Make sure you’re using the correct login location. You cannot access the current digital edition through our old mobile apps (which are no longer in service and were a completely separate platform), or old login pages that may have been bookmarked by long-time subscribers. The only login portal for the digital edition is at https://www.amazonasmagazine.com/digital-edition-login/. Note, this form may elicit “security warnings” in some browsers, this is due to the form being secure, but the final destination (the digital edition) is not served over a secure/https/SSL connection. You are completely fine to forge ahead; we are continuing to evaluate our options to eliminate these warnings.
5. Make sure you’re using the correct email address. We’ve had subscribers who have multiple email addresses, and simply tried to log in with a different one than the one they subscribed with.
6. Make sure you’re not trying to log in with the caps-lock on. Passwords are case sensitive.
7. Check to make sure you have an active and reliable internet connection. We have had users on mobile devices lose connections during a session, and thus unable to view content after logging in. If you’re on a weak or unstable wi-fi network, it will negatively impact your ability to browse the digital edition.
8. Try clearing your cache and cookies in your browser for anything Amazonas-related. Providing instructions on how to do this is beyond the scope of our tech support, as ever browser and platform combination may handle these items differently.
9. Try using a different browser on your device. For example, if you’re using Chrome, try Firefox.
10. Reboot your computer/phone/device and try again.
11. Try a different internet connection than the one you’re normally using.
12. Try accessing your account on a different device.
If you use these troubleshooting steps and you find something that works, please tell us about it. Your success may help others find success as well.
Almost always, the answer to your access problems is likely found in the steps above.
If you are still stuck and have exhausted these troubleshooting steps, please do not hesitate to contact us. That is the point at which we will “take over” your account, resetting the password on our end to double-check the system itself. During this process, we remove your password, which will cut off your access. If we are unable to log into your account even at that point, then we know we have an issue to report to our subscriber management platform. However, if our test is successful, then we have to point you back to resetting your password again in order to restore your access.
If we’ve gone this far and you’re still having issues, we may ask for further details regarding your specific device setup, screenshots, whatever we can to bring this to the partners that deploy the digital platform. They may wish to work with you directly to attempt to restore your access.
How do I access the AMAZONAS Magazine digital edition?
The digital edition can be accessed by selecting the link at the bottom of our homepage www.amazonasmagazine.com or by following this link. You may log in using your email address and password created at checkout. If you don’t remember your password or haven’t created one yet, click “Forgot Password?” to create a new one.
What do I need to read the AMAZONAS Magazine Digital Edition?
Try before you buy! A sample of the AMAZONAS Magazine digital edition is available to try on any device you may wish to use. Note, certain functionalities are disabled in the sample (e.g. back-issue archive access).
HTML5 Viewer Supported browsers:
- iPad/Phone – iOS 5+ Safari, Chrome 23+, Firefox 19+
- Android – Chrome 23+, Firefox 19+
- Desktop – Chrome 23+, Firefox 19+, Internet Explorer 11, Safari 5+, Microsoft Edge 38+ (Windows 10)
Internet Connection: A broadband connection is required to view our digital editions. Due to the nature of our digital publishing platform, dial-up connections simply do not have enough bandwidth to achieve a satisfactory reader experience.
Offline Access: You can download PDF versions of each issue for offline reading; plan ahead of time! Up-to-date versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader are recommended for the best offline viewing experience.
Firewall/Proxies: If you are accessing our digital edition through a firewall or proxy, check with your network administrator to determine if cookies are permitted. Also, if you are using a proxy (depending on your settings) you may not always be viewing the most current version of the publication platform.
Pop-Up Blockers: If you have a pop-up blocker installed, it may also prevent some functionality on the publication platform.
Display Resolution: Our viewer requires a MINIMUM resolution of 1024×768. Higher resolutions are supported and recommended.
Do you have digital back issues? Which issues are included in the digital edition?
All subscribers, whether Print + FREE Digital, or Digital-Only, have access to the AMAZONAS Digital Edition. Inside the Digital Edition, a range of back issues is available to read underneath the “Archive” menu.
Currently, the following years’s issues are available as digital back issues:
Other issues may become available in the future.
I never needed a password before to access my account or the digital edition, why am I being asked to use a password now?
Prior to this time, AMAZONAS Online Customer Service only utilized a subscriber’s email address for identification, both for logging into our digital edition and for managing subscriber information including changes of address and renewals. Our security update means that most subscribers’ accounts have never had a password associated with them, but going forward you’ll need one to access your account information and more importantly, to view the web-based AMAZONAS Digital Edition (our Kindle, iOS and Android apps run on different systems, and are unaffected). It is extremely easy to generate a password for the first time, along with retrieving a lost one or creating one that is easy for you to remember.
I used to be able to access the whole digital archive, but now there are years missing?
When the prior publishers of AMAZONAS migrated the digital edition to the new and improved platform, they were limited with regards to the number of back issues they could initially include in the new deployment. As a result, the digital editions and back issues ranged from 2017 to present at that time.
Since Aquatic Media Press took over ownership of AMAZONAS in 2018, we have been looking for options to restore the full digital archive. On April 24th, 2020, we were pleased to announce the restoration of all issues from 2015. Other back-issue years may become available in the future.
As a reminder, all active subscribers have access to the AMAZONAS Digitial Edition and the full range of available digital back issues.
If you’re missing any favorite issues, we do have back issues available for purchase on our website: https://www.amazonasmagazine.com/shop/.
I get an "Unsafe Connection" warning when logging in to the digital edition?
This occurs mainly among subscribers who are using the Firefox browser to access the digital edition through the login page.
The reason for this warning is that you are leaving the “secured” AMAZONAS Magazine website and login page, which utilize an SSL connection, and being taken to the digital edition which is not currently served over a secure connection.
We continue to evaluate this technical issue, and the cost to correct it has proven prohibitive at this time. Rest assured, you are in fact safe to proceed to the digital edition!
What happened to the AMAZONAS apps on iPhone and Android?
After evaluating the various AMAZONAS digital delivery systems, we found the web-based digital edition to be a far superior platform and user experience than the existing apps. If you had been a prior app subscriber, we encourage you to try our FREE AMAZONAS digital sample issue and see if you don’t agree! Unlike the apps, you are not limited to simply browsing the magazine layout on a small screen, having to drag and zoom around the page to read. The current digital platform is 100% mobile friendly and fully illustrated—check out the “contents view” option. If you like what you see, please subscribe!
As a result of our evaluation, AMAZONAS Magazine apps were phased out in 2019, and went offline in late Q1 2020 once all subscriptions to those platforms had expired. App users who had shared their personal information with the company through iTunes or Google Play were given 1-free year of digital access during our phase out period.
Again, if you were a former app user, please try digital sample; we think you’ll agree it is a superior reading experience and hope that you’ll subscribe again! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Didn’t find it here? Still need help?
Contact our Email HOTLINE: firstname.lastname@example.org, or CALL Toll-Free: 800-217-3523, 9 AM – 5 PM Central Time, Monday-Friday.
The World’s Favorite Freshwater Aquarium Magazine…
SIX BIG ISSUES A YEAR - IN HIGHEST-QUALITY PRINT & DIGITAL EDITIONS
Tell me more